Steve’s trial skills and courtroom experience have consistently lead him to recognition by his peers. He is a Fellow of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers (www.actl.com) and the American Board of Trial Attorneys (www.abota.org). He has repeatedly been named a Super Lawyer and has served as President of both the FDCC (www.thefederation.org) and the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel. (www.mdtc.org) Steve’s vast years of courtroom work with judges and juries allows him to bring a perspective to the table that will help you, your clients and your adversaries reach resolutions that may seem impossible.
Steve has mediated hundreds of cases over the past 20 years and is known for his unique ability to relate to all kinds of personalities. His people skills are well recognized by those who have used him as a Mediator. Steve is a Certified Mediator for both State and Federal Courts. He is a graduate of Harvard University’s Mediation Program and has completed additional training from nationally recognized insitutions.
Steve has been successful in resolving both litigation and pre-litigation matters involving:
- Commercial & Business Disputes
- Municipal & Government Matters
- Real Estate & Land Disputes
- Professional Practice Disputes – including Brokers, Lawyers, Doctors, Insurance Agents, Contractors, Engineers, Surveyors and Other Professionals
- Domestic Relations
- Oil & Gas Disputes
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Products Liability
In addition to Steve’s Mediation practice, he is qualified to serve in the following capacities:
- Arbitrator (American Arbitration Association, Commerical Panel Member)
- Consultant for conflicts in the business environment
- Special Master for electronic and complex discovery
- Consultant to attorneys on case evaluation and trial strategy